From 11th and 15th of February, an exploratory visit took place in Guadalajara, in the context of the fair Expo Mueble Internacional.
Since 1982, the Association of Furniture Manufacturers of Jalisco, A.C., has hosted the EXMI, the top business platform for the furniture and decoration industries of Mexico With its two annual editions: Winter and Summer, EXMI has become the biggest furniture trade fair in Latin America. The two editions combined bring together over 900 exhibitors, over 27,000 national and international buyers, and generate sales of over 1 billion pesos a year.
During the exploratory trip in Mexico, Toni Zaragoza from CENFIM, has had a meeting at the Secretary of Tourism of Mexico (SECTUR) with Mario Alberto González Sánchez – General Manager of Planning -, Juan Luis López Ordóñez – Deputy Director of Intersectorial Strategy -, Heliodoro Vidal Velázquez – Director of Program Design – and Heriberto Hermosillo Goytortúa – Deputy Director General of Tourism Promotion. In the meeting, the discussion has been about the “Tourism 2040 plan”, driven by the Government of Mexico, and the future development of the strategic policy “Vision 2040”, in which SECTUR is working right now.
Currently, Mexico is one of the most open economies in the world and the based foreign companies in that country highlight its willingness to do business. Mexico ranks sixth worldwide as a tourist destination and domestic consumption, which sees great growth in a country with 129 million inhabitants.
Meetings in brief
- Expert interior design studio in hotel industry called Interiorismo Corporativo – meeting with the director
- Secretary of Tourism of the Government of Mexico (SECTUR) – meeting with the General Director of Planning
- Mexican Association of Hotels and Motels AC – Meeting with the Executive Director
- Association of Architects of Mexico City – Meeting with the Vice President
- Construction company/developer of hotel buildings called Pulso Inmobiliario – meeting with the Director of Development
- Hotel Novit **** (independent) – meeting with the General Director and owner
- Ibero-American Council of Interior Designers – CIDI – meeting with the President
- Mexican Society of Interior Designers-SMI – meeting with the President
- Association of Furniture Manufacturers of Jalisco (AFAMJAL) – meeting with the President
- Expo Muebles Internacional (Fair) – meeting with the General Director
- Studio of architecture specialized in Hotels called Quirarte Architecture and Design – meeting with the General Director
The goals were to develop potential collaborations and cooperation opportunities with different stakeholders from Mexico and to expand the markets for the companies associated to the Sentinel clusters and validation of the markets.
Companies interested in specific activities in Mexico could contact us at email@example.com.